Tuesday 12 May 2009

I voted.

That's right, it's voting day.
You know what to do, British Columbians. Be cool, like me, and you will get a sticker!





My voting outfit.
Actually it's not so much a "voting outfit" as a "this is what I had on when I went to go vote outfit".

Red Primark jumper, thrifted cardi, Uniqlo trousers, H&M kicks, necklace from my mum & dad.

When I was young, my family used to say that who you voted for was a secret. So, instead of asking: "who did you vote for?" I would ask: "are you happy about who won?" And would think myself very clever indeed for finding out who they voted for depending on their answer. But now they just tell me when I ask the first question.

1 comment:

  1. Kind of crazy the paradigm shift is public political behaviours eh?

    Back in the day you weren't supposed to talk about sex, politics or religion at the dinner table, and now those are the only things we talk about.

    I think people are less afraid of stepping on each others toes, except those who are afraid to have their own stepped on first, they tend to stay quiet on these issues.

    ReplyDelete